18 February 2013

SEM 2 2012/2013

Yo ! it's sem 2 already. It started officially, but lucky me from sem 1 till now still don't have class on the very first day of a new sem. But still i woke up early to settle some MKTH stuffs and then i went for dental appointment AGAIN. Yes, again.

Took a cab and reached Dentistry Fac just on time for y 11.30am appointment.

Guess what? found another hole on the other side of my mouth. Darn.

For like 20 years, i've been proud for having zero cavities, i was all having perfect dental health. Until i was diagnosed, i had a cavity on last appointment.

1st appointment; Dentist:" ni, ade lubang besar ni ! "

2nd appointment; 
Dentist:" I have done the temporary fillings for you today, you go and book appoinment for amalgam ya. Don't chew for half an hour. "
Me:" Is it i have a hole on both sides?" ( saw her doing another side )
Dentist:" Ya, both sides."
Me:" Oh, a small one is it?"
Dentist:" erhh, no, quite big."
Me:*whispering* oh shit.

Darn. It was not found during last treatment or did my tooth just decay in these 1 month? Wow, the decaying life of my tooth is extremely fast.
Wheee, and it spreaded or what, this time another cavity found. wtfish, is there gonna be more cavities the next round i check my teeth? :E

It was very tiring when the dentist keep asking you :" Open your mouth, wider, wider. Don't move suddenly." I don't like the smell of the dental clinic and the noise from the machine. When the dentist drills or what, it irritates my ears a lot and i will be reminded of horror movies where the dentist is mentally ill and likes to torture people by pulling out their teeth one by one. I had goosebumps thinking of this. 



I never know how others think, but for me i really dislike going for dental checkup, i would rather get injections or blood sampling or whatever, i'm not afraid of needles but not dental checkup. Thus, i rarely go for checkup and even if i feel pain, i would just think it's sensitive teeth and normal gum swelling, nothing big. That explains why i have big holes and myself don't even notice about it. I start having this i-thought-it's-sensitive gum since form 4 time, without proper treatment, how can a dot size cavity not expand till a pea size? I was very tensed and i closed my eyes hard everytime i lay down the dental chair, and today i noticed that it's not that scary anymore. After few treatments, i don't feel pain anymore and for sure, i don't get awaken by pain anymore. Now only i realized the importance of taking good care of your teeth, you'll need them to eat, to bite. We have enzymes to help us to break down the food particles and villi in the small intestine to absorb the nutrients, but nothing will help you to maintain your dental health. If you're a addicted carbonated drinks drinker, and you're so lazy to brush your teeth clean, you can say Sayonara to your teeth very soon.

If you're a uni student, i think you're entitled for free dental checkup. Why wait then? I've got mine checked, what about you? Don't waste the welfare given to you as a uni student, go to your uni's dental clinic to have a proper checkup and treatment.
Smile confidently.




P/S: Dental health is very important.
P/S: blogged like shiattttt, after last writing.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to hear about the importance of maintaining a good oral hygiene and how regular dental checkups can save your teeth from cavities. Good job spreading the word, and I hope you'd wear a more beautiful and confident smile from now on.

    Dentistry with a Smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there ! I'm glad to receive your reply, and yes now i'm wearing a more confident smile on my face. Thank you and i'm still, always spreading the importance of oral hygiene. :))

      Delete