04 July 2014

Sympathy? No, not so much from me.

Alright the topic sounds really harsh, but read before you give any nasty comments.

People who often get along with me knows that I'm an easy person who would shed tear over trivial matters or even dramas, but it doesn't mean that i'm weak or i'm emotional, but i'm easily touched. That's it. But things go different for me while some people consider this as something unfortunate on certain cases:

Let me give a few examples;
There was once a presentation and sharing session in the class, Visual Anthropology, where each of us have to do a video of something, either in documentary or story form, anything. So, after presenting mine, then i quietly watch my classmate's. She was doing about soup kitchen in pasar seni. It is there every Sunday morning to help with the homeless. Okayh...i got no so much comments on the homeless.. but the 1st interviewee said that he has 2 sons, and his wife is away. idk why, but he mentioned that each time his wife is back, he will go "check-in hotel" with her. I was like WTF, i got so mad ! i know i mean it doesn't even has anything to do with me but the problem is he is abusing the people's sympathy who is giving out free food and clothes. He actually has the spending power to go for hotel and probably condoms but he got no money for the children and food???!!! Like seriously???!!! *roll eyes*

Alright, so they calm me down and proceeded to the 2nd interviewee, i forget her name (nevermind, since she's not important), the lady has a son, she's 35, was a pub singer back then and currently jobless, staying in a rumah setinggan somewhere near Pasar Seni. She had 9 children, at an age of 35, but she gave 8 of them away because she got no ability to raise them and my classmate asked her why not send the children to Jabatan Kebajikan then go and get work and live a better life since she could not even afford normal day livings for the children? She said she gave all children away and she really wanted to keep this one and sound really pity. Of course, i got really emotional again. Because to me, this is called irresponsible and brainless act, if you got no way to bring up your children then don't even get pregnant ! True, those who have higher education background tends to plan for their family size and practice appropriate birth control while those who have lower education background tends to have bigger family size. But to me, it is a "a priori" knowledge that "sexual intercourse may create lives", thus, if you hold on your sexual desire and control it, birth and pregnancy can be controlled. Don't tell me bullshits like "pregnancy can be caused by other ways than sexual intercourse" so, if you don't do it, how the hell can you get pregnant? Blame the society for not hiring you or giving you "jobless and homeless pregnancy allowance" ? Blame yourselves first! True, there might be problems of the policies in the country, but i think parents have to bear all responsibilities of children. Imagine, she's on 35, and she gave birth to 9 children, so one child per year, she's getting pregnant non-stop since she's 26 then. Now, you tell me how normal is this and i really couldn't take this, and the funniest thing, my classmate said she just leave her son aside when it come to clothes distributing. So, now clothes are more important than the son.. 

So, i often don't offer my sympathy to those people esp those with lots of kids. No, don't tell me every human has the desire and sometimes it get lose of control. The biggest different between animals and human is that human speaks, human thinks and human controls. If you can't fo this then what's the difference between you and an animal? Some might say " WalaoA, you also cannot control eating la, that's why you so fat la now!" True, as long as it does not affect others well-being and abuse other's sympathy. Ya, i'm fat, but i don't get food from soup kitchens what. 

Oh, ya, and i would never offer my sympathy to beggars too, esp those from the human trafficking syndicate. You cheated my sympathy once, twice, and you're not getting it from me again. I got so disappointed with those who exploit people's sympathy. *long sigh*

So, how about you ? Do you agree? Well, some of my friends do. I only would offer my sympathy to those who are physically and mentally less capable than us and really pity cases that got no relevance with big family size. :/



P/S: (vocab here) "a priori" meaning innate knowledge/ born knowledge. 
P/SS: During the time i commented on second interviewee, my classmate Nadhir asked" May i ask if you have fall in love before or not? ".. Like, what i'm just being rational what..
am i that rational that makes people feel like i'm stone-hearted or what.. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment