20 July 2013

Famine 30

I participated in Famine 30 countdown camp for the very first time last Saturday and Sunday. I actually wanted to participate in other camp than the UM D.I.Y. camp, but then i was so busy that i have no time to look for other camp so i just simply join the UM ones, blah, i know it sounds sarcastic, but but but, it turned out to be a good one. Okayyy, serious, i'm sincere. Though there were not much activities, but it was quite meaningful. Lacking of the quantity, but not the quality. Each person having a disability in challenge 1 is indeed not easy to complete all the task, and challenge 2 which i thought it will be a super-boring task, surprised me. I am very glad to have super friendly + hyperactive teammates which made the entire camp a fun one. I guess we're the noisiest group of all, but of course we get to have the best fun. In Challenge 2, we laughed the hardest, serious, we popped out questions like "WV 没有做东西?WV教你吃有机泥土?WV教你怎样有营养的吃泥土?". It was actually a task to find out information from the characters about their personal details, family background, problems they're facing and what World Vision has done to help them, with time limit. Only 1.5 mins time allocation for each person in each session, of course we managed to finish the task, cause we're like shouting and throwing the questions at them instead of asking," erm, hi halo, how can i help u, blah blah blah.."

The next day, we reached Stadium Bukit Jalil around 8.45am, and during schooltimes i'm still sleeping at this hour. I woke up so early just to watch a concert, to get nice place ma. But it's worth it la, a free concert with so many celebrities, what do you expect, right? It was all a great concert, having the second concert, and it's still a free ones. Lee Sinje, Crystal Lee ( a very charming future star/star-in-making), T4C ( an uncle band, but having powerful orchestra like voice) , KeQing, Kit, Athena, and others i don't really remember and the last one Christine Fan !!! I like all her songs, once was very crazy about her, her voice always gives a soft touch to the song which is able to heal a wounded heart, sooo full of Love ! and she sang 3 songs instead of 1. Love you !!!

I actually teared a few times watching the videos played in the concert, it reminds me how lucky am i. How heavenly my life is compared to the unfortunate kids. I have parents who love me, i get to go to school, get to join so many activities and was never in hunger. To be honest, 30 hours of famine ain't easy, and especially me, i've promised to fast for 35 hours as an extra appreciation for donating to world vision. So i was still fasting when they're eating after breaking 30 hours. And after i've fasted for 32.5 hours, i couldn't stand the hunger anymore, dizziness attacked. So i broke the promise, i'm very sorry about that but my body is really giving me its warning already. I stuffed in some bread and had a cup of hot milo, and only start eating a proper meal after another 2.5 hours. I guess i did my best though i failed, partially. 


What have i learned actually? I couldn't tell exactly what have i learnt but i can feel myself being more compassionate towards the unfortunate, i'm slowly becoming a better person, who appreciates and is grateful of what she has.
If there is a chance, i will join Famine 30 again definitely.

kthxbai, end this post with some photos taken :)

 whee, imma hunger fighter !

 group 10 a.k.a Jagung Jagung First !

 feeling good or sad?

My Challenge 1 family, James Bond Bang Bang Bang !
from the left: lost-a-hand papa, dumb sister, kwashiorkor me, crippled mama, and blinded brother.

Jagung pattern again.
from the left: Shwu Qi, me, Andrew, Eve, Sin Le, Da Bao, Cheng Hui, 
Adrian, and team leader, Siew Mai 


 Group J,also group 10.


 kwashiorkor or underage pregnancy ?

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment